Sunday, March 29, 2009

What is Church?

I had a great dialogue with some of our church leaders today. It has been an interesting trip over the past 9 months, but I know that God is in control. I am not sure where we are headed, but I do know that we are headed in the right direction. I have definitely been learning patience through this whole process. My timing is rarely ever God's timing. It is very humbling and a great relief to know that I (singular) am not the church. The church is the whole body of believers with Christ as the head. We are His bride. It can be weird to think of myself as a bride, but I need to give my whole self up for the Bridegroom. I don't want to wait around for things to change. I want to be part of the change...as long as the change is pursuing Christ wholeheartedly as we seek to serve Him and minister to the lost. What does that look like for my local body? I'm not sure. I do know that we are a body who loves to fellowship and welcome others to it. I want things to be ready now, but it doesn't always work that way!

Worship is not about me. It never has been and never will be. Worship is about the One who loves me so much that His grace abounds in my life in such a way that I am compelled to follow Him and obey His commands out of my love for Him. I cannot earn His love. No matter how many times I want to, it is not possible. I don't understand it, but I accept it...in fact, I wholeheartedly embrace it as the only true answer. Worship is more than a song. It's a daily lifestyle of expressing my love to Him for Him giving His Love to me.

I want to be the church that lives worship, love, grace, truth, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Good word, brother. I really like what you say about worship.

    ReplyDelete